Friday, November 24, 2017

Divinity

All things are mine; to all things I belong:
I mingle in them--heeding bounds nor
bars--
Float in the cloud, melt in the river's song;
In the clear wave from rock to rock I
leap.
Widen away, and slowly onward creep;
I stretch forth glimmering hands beneath
the stars
And lose my little murmur in the deep.

Yea, more than that: whatever I behold--
Dark forest, mountain, the o'erarching
wheel
Of heaven's solemn turning, all the old
Immeasurable air and boundless sea--
Yields of its life, builds life and strength
in me
For tasks to come, while I but see and feel,
And merely am, and it is joy to be.

Lo, that small spark within us is not blind
To its beginning; struck from one vast 
soul
Which, in the framework of the world, doth
bind
All parts together; small, but still agree-
ing
With That which molded us without our
seeing;
Since God is all, and all in all--the Whole
In whom we live and move and have
our being.

Samuel V. Cole, The Critic.

No comments:

Post a Comment